Follow Us On

Follow Us On

Health Office

My child is starting Kindergarten. What will the health office need before they can start school?

Kindergarten students will need to have a school physical, birth certificate and proof of current immunizations before they start school. Eye exams are required (by an eye doctor), but they do not need to be turned in until October 15 of the current school year. Dental exams are also required, but they are not due until May 15 of the current school year.

Are there other grades that require dental exams?

In addition to the Kindergarten students, all 2nd graders and 6th graders will need a dental exam turned into the health office by May 15 of the current school year. Make your appointments now to avoid the rush after the first of the year.

My child is entering Rochelle Middle School as a 6th grader. What information will need to be turned into the health office before they start school?

All 6th graders will need a school physical and proof of immunizations before starting RMS. All 6th graders are required to have a Tdap booster (this is a new state requirement as of this school year). Dental exams will be due to the health office before May 15 of the current school year.

Important News for ALL students attending RMS!

Due to a change in the State of Illinois Vaccine Law, ALL students 6th, 7th and 8th grade students will need proof of a Tdap immunizations prior to starting the 2012-2013 school year.

We just moved to Illinois, what health information do I need to provide for my child.

ALL students transferring from out of state and entering an Illinois school for the first time, will require a school physical (regardless of grade), birth certificate, proof of immunizations and an eye exam. Transfer students entering our district after September 1, will have 30 days to obtain this information or be excluded from school.

What students will need a sports physical?

Student attending Rochelle Middle School (grades 6-8) have the opportunity to participate in a variety of after school extra curricular sporting activities. In order to try out and participate in these activities, your child must have a sports physical on file with the health office. Please remember, sports physicals are only good for one calendar year. So, you will most likely need to have a new physical to participate in sports this school year. Also, Rochelle school district is not affiliated with the summer soccer, football and track programs that take place in Rochelle. A copy of your child's sports physical will need to be obtained and sent to RMS Health office before you child can participate or try out for a sport.

What is exclusion?

Students who do not have the proper physicals and proof of immunizations as required by the State of Illinois School Code will be excluded from school on September 1 of the current school year. Once your child has been excluded from school, they can not return to school without appropriate paperwork and clearance from the school nurse. If your student is excluded from school, the local truancy officer is notified and attendance is monitored.

Where can I get the necessary immunizations and physicals for my child?

Rochelle is home to many physicians and clinics. If you need help finding a doctor in the area to see your child, please email our district's nurse at

Ogle County Health Department runs immunization clinics frequently. Please call 815-732-7330 to schedule an appointment for your child.

Dentists are difficult to find. Especially those that accept public aide. If your child needs dental care or a dental exam, please watch for the OnSite Dental techs that will be at registration. OnSite Dentistry will be bringing a mobile dentist to each of our schools this year to provide dental care to those children meeting criteria. Their website is If you have specific questions about their services, you can contact Beth Krominga at

Where can I get a copy of the forms needed for my child to start school?

Below are links to all of the forms that you should need to get your child started in school.